- Job title: VP of Operations
- Employment type: Full-time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Real Estate, Technology, E-commerce
- Location: 380 Jalan Besar, #05-09, Singapore 209000
- Workplace type: Hybrid
- Visa sponsorship available: Yes
- Start date: ASAP
Propseller is the “Modern Real Estate Agency that Stands by You”. Our mission is to help our clients achieve the most when making one of the biggest financial decisions of their life: selling, buying, or renting real estate. We do that by offering them the state-of-the-art real estate agent service of the 21st century: highly valuable, completely transparent, and fairly priced. A service that will, hopefully, make them love real estate agents (again).
At Propseller, we are building the first technology-powered real estate brokerage in South-East Asia. We elevate the most human part of the service with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialize all the rest with technology and centralized operations. By rethinking the way properties are transacted, keeping what works, and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less. In Singapore, where we currently operate, that means we sell homes 2 times faster for only 1% commission (vs. 2% standard), saving people S$10,000 per transaction on average.
Reporting directly to our Chief Executive Officer, the VP Operations owns the vision and execution of all back-office operations within the organization: listing, ground, viewing, transaction and payment operations, along with client success and customer service. The VP Operations leads one of the two largest teams in the company, currently made of 20 people and forecasted to grow to 30-50 over the next 24 months. The VP Operations hire, trains and grows all levels of the Operations function and leads the design, development, and implementation of the organisation, processes, and internal software tools allowing the Operations function to keep on scaling with an ever-improving efficiency and satisfaction. Over time, the internal tools and capabilities developed by the VP Operations are expected to be commercialised, making the VP Operations become the general manager of a true profit-center, or “a start-up within the start-up”.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategy & Operations
- Along with the rest of the executive team, define ambitious goals for the company and translate them into actionable plans and targets for the operations team;
- Take full ownership of the Operations targets and drive the entire Operations team to deliver on or beyond them;
- Get on the ground, analyse data and capture weak signals to define the direction of the operations function, always in the consumer’s favour;
- People Management
- Design the future organisation of the operations function and work with your managers and recruiters to fill the roles with the right talents;
- Set performance management standards, evaluation criteria, and career paths for your team members. Promote high potentials and groom them into becoming future leaders;
- Identify training needs and develop training programs to grow your team;
- Projects and Product
- Develop an ambitious roadmap to improve and scale systematically the operations functions;
- Lead and/or sponsor cross-functional projects such as offshoring, new Saas roll-out, new organisation, etc;
- Own the product roadmap of the Operations function, whether if it is developed with low-code tools or from scratch, with in-house or outsourced software engineers.
This is a role for you if you are a product-driven people leader. You are a naturally comfortable people person who is extremely organised and who finds joy in building beautiful reliable mechanics. You are grounded and know how to get things done quickly and efficiently. You have a keen eye for details and quality and are constantly looking to exceed the current standards. You are looking for the next step in your career in which you can bring together people management, product development, and in the longer run, a commercial component.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university;
- 6+ years experience in a technology-driven environment, including 4+ leading teams;
- High analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Detail-oriented enough to produce documentation for senior stakeholders;
- Demonstrated success in managing complex, cross-functional projects;
- Highly structured and organised with the ability to build systems from scratch;
- Demonstrated success in building software products, either as an internal client or as a product manager.
- Central, iconic office near Lavender, Bendemeer, and Farrer Park MRTs;
- Be involved in strategic decisions that make a real impact and get involved in the day-to-day running of a Series A start-up;
- State-of-the-art-tools: MacBook Pro, Jabra Headset, fully-integrated CRM, etc;
- At least two days home-office per week after training, more possible;
- Opportunity to make history and help thousands of people with the biggest financial decision of a lifetime.
Ideal length: 2 weeks
If your application is selected:
- Interview 1 – Video Call: Introductory call with our Operations Director
- The first case to be prepared at home
- Interview 2 – Video Call: Case presentation with our Operations Director
- The second case to be prepared at home
- Interview 3 – Physical: Case presentation with our CEO + 1 team member
- Interview 4 – Physical: Interview with our CCO + 1 team member
- Reference Check
- Welcome aboard!
Our People, Investors, and Accolades
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on Earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, INSEAD, ESSEC, St Gallen, etc.), and founded/were early employees in top startups (Shopback, Zalora, Groupon, etc.)
In June 2020, Propseller was one of the 8 SEA startups selected to be part of the first cohort of the accelerator Iterative. In July 2020, Propseller was ranked #15 in TechInAsia’s ranking of Top 50 rising startups in Southeast Asia. In October 2020, Propseller announced a S$1.7m Seed Round from top VCs such as Target Global, Sequoia Capital, Hustle Fund and high-profile angel investors from Lazada, Google, Expedia, Sotheby’s, PropNex, PropertyGuru, and DotProperty. The fundraising was covered by The Business Times. As of July 2021, we are a team of more than 30 people. To support our growth, we are hiring another 20 people as-soon-as-possible. We are multi-cultural and we collectively speak a total of 9 different languages. We enjoy having fun while working hard in a diverse environment. We are assembling an A-team and are hiring the best for every role.
Interested in knowing more? Check our Careers Page.