Propseller is the “Modern Real Estate Agency that Stands by You”. Our mission is to help our clients achieve the most when making one of the biggest financial decisions of their life: selling, buying, or renting real estate. We do that by offering them the state-of-the-art real estate agent service of the 21st century: highly valuable, completely transparent, and fairly priced. A service that will, hopefully, make them love real estate agents (again).
At Propseller, we are building the first technology-powered real estate brokerage in South-East Asia. We elevate the most human part of the service with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialize all the rest with technology and centralized operations. By rethinking the way properties are transacted, keeping what works, and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less. In Singapore, where we currently operate, that means we sell homes 2 times faster for only 1% commission (vs. 2% standard), saving people S$10,000 per transaction on average.
As Propseller’s VP of Marketing, you own all marketing channels to drive Propseller’s hypergrowth. You will develop and execute a full-funnel client acquisition strategy with the help of a world-class team that you will grow and lead. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build the #1 regional brand in Real Estate, the largest of all consumer categories.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an ambitious and groundbreaking marketing vision and translate it into a comprehensive marketing plan supporting our business goals
- Build the #1 Real Estate transaction consumer brand and position it as the top-of-mind, consumer-favorite brand for property owners and seekers in all markets we operate in
- Own strategy and execution for all marketing channels, online and offline, to achieve ambitious client acquisition and brand building objectives
- Hire, lead and develop a world-class team managing the full scope of marketing activities
- Build scalable and repeatable marketing processes to ensure consistently excellent performance
- Build a comprehensive, up-to-date understanding of the needs, pain points, and aspirations of property owners and seekers through in-depth qualitative and quantitative research
- Contribute to shaping the overall business strategy and operating plan at the Executive level
- Contribute to building a powerful employer brand to attract top property agents and new star team members
- Enable the launch of new services, and verticals through in-depth consumer research as well as planning and executing marketing plans
- Lead marketing for international expansion countries through both centralized and local teams
You combine the creative, story-telling acumen of a true brand builder, with the data-driven, structured approach of performance marketing channels. You have already been a key player in building a leading consumer brand, preferably in Singapore. You have managed a multi-functional marketing team with a stellar track record. You are now looking to revolutionize the largest consumer category of all to the benefit of consumers.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree at a leading university/school
- 8+ years experience in performance and/or brand marketing roles, including 4+ years leading teams, preferably in start-ups, fast-growing consumer brands, or agencies
- Proven track record of building or contributing to building a leading consumer brand
- Proven track record of setting up and leading marketing teams
- Between the analytical “Quant” and creative “Storyteller” marketer, you can be one on Monday and the other on Tuesday
- Hands-on with high ownership: you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty if needed to get things done fast, and well
- Central, iconic office near Lavender, Bendemeer, and Farrer Park MRTs
- State-of-the-art-tools: MacBook Pro and Jabra Headset
- At least two days home-office per week after training, more possible
- If you are a foreigner, we will sponsor your Employment Pass application
- Opportunity to make history and help thousands of people with the biggest financial decision of a lifetime
Ideal length: 2 weeks
If your application is selected:
- Interview 1 – Video Call: Introductory call
- The first case to be prepared at home
- Interview 2 – Physical: Case presentation with our CCO
- The second case is to be prepared at home
- Interview 3 – Physical: Case presentation with our CEO
- Interview 4 – Video Call: Meet with a subject matter expert (investor, advisor, etc.)
- Welcome aboard!
Our People, Investors, and Accolades
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on Earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, INSEAD, ESSEC, St Gallen, etc.), and founded/were early employees in top startups (Shopback, Zalora, Groupon, etc.)
In June 2020, Propseller was one of the 8 SEA startups selected to be part of the first cohort of the accelerator Iterative. In July 2020, Propseller was ranked #15 in TechInAsia’s ranking of Top 50 rising startups in Southeast Asia. In October 2020, Propseller announced a S$1.7m Seed Round from top VCs such as Target Global, Sequoia Capital, Hustle Fund and high-profile angel investors from Lazada, Google, Expedia, Sotheby’s, PropNex, PropertyGuru, and DotProperty. The fundraising was covered by The Business Times. As of July 2021, we are a team of more than 30 people. To support our growth, we are hiring another 20 people as-soon-as-possible. We are multi-cultural and we collectively speak a total of 9 different languages. We enjoy having fun while working hard in a diverse environment. We are assembling an A-team and are hiring the best for every role.
Interested in knowing more? Check our Careers Page.