- Role: Strategy & Business Analytics Intern
- Status: 6-months Internship (full-time)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: 380 Jalan Besar, Singapore 209000, SG (Lavender Area)
- Compensation: SGD 1,800 – 2,000
Propseller is the “Modern Real Estate Agency that Stands by You”. Our mission is to help our clients achieve the most when making one of the biggest financial decisions of their life: selling, buying, or renting real estate. We do that by offering them the state-of-the-art real estate agent service of the 21st century: highly valuable, completely transparent, and fairly priced. A service that will, hopefully, make them love real estate agents (again).
At Propseller, we are building the first technology-powered real estate brokerage in South-East Asia. We elevate the most human part of the service with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialize all the rest with technology and centralized operations. By rethinking the way properties are transacted, keeping what works, and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less. In Singapore, where we currently operate, that means we sell homes 2 times faster for only 1% commission (vs. 2% standard), saving people S$10,000 per transaction on average.
Interested in knowing more? Check our Careers Page.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will support the C-level Team on top business priorities along with the following topics:
- Work closely with senior management on a daily basis to execute key projects
- Propose cross-functional initiatives to improve our business and execute them from start to finish
- Design, build and maintain key dashboards and reports for our Executive team and Investors.
- Lead strategic business projects in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop business cases to assess new initiatives or growth opportunities.
- Collect, consolidate and analyze data on consumers, competitors, existing and new markets.
Our previous interns came from ESCP, Mines ParisTech, Ponts ParisTech, St Gallen University, Solvay Business School, and worked previously at Bain & Company, Porsche, and leading startups.
- Student in final year of studies in Business or Engineering at a leading university/school who has demonstrated outstanding achievements in academia and beyond
- Previous internship at a tier-one management consulting firm, investment bank or start-up
- Excellent analytical skills and a hands-on mentality
- Good communication skills in English
- Passion for startups, beautiful digital products, and amazing digital experiences
- Achiever: you want to change the world and you find pleasure in achieving change, not in dreaming it
- Quick Learner: it’s ok to not know everything but you are able to figure out what you miss and learn it quickly
- Perfectionist Do-er: you like to execute by yourself the projects your work on, you are not afraid to do operational tasks, and have the ability to deliver quickly and efficiently without mistakes
- Empathy: have a great ability to understand and embrace people’s differences and act accordingly
- Proficient in MS Office / Google Docs, especially with Excel / Sheets
- Beautiful open space office in an iconic co-working space near Lavender, Bendemeer and Farrer Park MRTs
- All training provided including a 2 weeks onboarding program to get you started. Be ready to learn a lot
- Learn day-to-day management and build up deep functional expertise
- Own and build some of the components of an organization made to last
- Face and tackle the challenges of setting up business models from scratch
- Team of exceptional people to learn from
- Opportunity to make history
Ideal length: 1-2 weeks
If your application is selected:
- Interview 1 – Video Call: Introductory call
- Case to be prepared at home
- Interview 2 – Case presentation
- Interview 3 – Meet with our Senior Management
- Welcome aboard!
$1,800 – $2,000 / month
Our People, Investors and Accolades
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on Earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, INSEAD, ESSEC, ESCP, St Gallen, etc.), and founded/were early employees in top startups (Shopback, Zalora, Groupon, etc.)
In June 2020, Propseller was one of the 8 SEA startups selected to be part of the first cohort of the accelerator Iterative. In July 2020, Propseller was ranked #15 in TechInAsia’s ranking of Top 50 rising startups in Southeast Asia. In October 2020, Propseller announced a S$1.7m Seed Round from top VCs such as Target Global, Sequoia Capital, Hustle Fund and high-profile angel investors from Lazada, Google, Expedia, Sotheby’s, PropNex, PropertyGuru, and DotProperty. The fundraising was covered by The Business Times. As of October 2021, we are a team of more than 35 people. To support our growth, we are hiring another 20 people as-soon-as-possible. We are multicultural and we collectively speak a total of 9 different languages. We enjoy having fun while working hard in a diverse environment. We are assembling an A-team and are hiring the best for every role.