- Job title: Senior Recruiter
- Employment type: Full-time
- Function: People
- Industry: Real Estate, Technology, E-commerce
- Location: 380 Jalan Besar, #05-09, Singapore 209000
- Start date: ASAP
- Compensation: $5,000 to $7,000 / month On-Target-Earnings + Stock-Options
- Others: Visa sponsorship: Yes. Full remote possible: No
Propseller is the “Modern Real Estate Agency that Stands by You”. Our mission is to help our clients achieve the most when making one of the biggest financial decisions of their life: selling, buying, or renting real estate. We do that by offering them the state of the art real estate agent service of the 21st century: highly valuable, completely transparent, and fairly priced. A service that will, hopefully, make them love real estate agents (again).
At Propseller, we are building the first technology-powered real estate brokerage in South-East Asia. We elevate the most human part of the service with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialise all the rest with technology and centralised operations. By rethinking the way properties are transacted, keeping what works, and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less. In Singapore, where we currently operate, that means we sell homes 2 times faster for only 1% commission (vs. 2% standard), saving people S$10,000 per transaction on average.
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on Earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, INSEAD, ESSEC, St Gallen, etc.), and founded/were early employees in top startups (Shopback, Zalora, Groupon, etc.)
In June 2020, Propseller was one of the 8 SEA startups selected to be part of the first cohort of the accelerator Iterative. In July 2020, Propseller was ranked #15 in TechInAsia’s ranking of Top 50 rising startups in Southeast Asia. In October 2020, Propseller announced a S$1.7m Seed Round from top VCs such as Target Global, Sequoia Capital, Hustle Fund and high-profile angel investors from Lazada, Google, Expedia, Sotheby’s, PropNex, PropertyGuru, and DotProperty. The fundraising was covered by The Business Times. As of July 2021, we are a team of more than 30 people. To support our growth, we are hiring another 20 people as-soon-as-possible. We are multi-cultural and we collectively speak a total of 9 different languages. We enjoy having fun while working hard in a diverse environment. We are assembling an A-team and are hiring the best for every role.
Interested in knowing more? Check our Careers Page.
We are looking for our first in-house senior recruiter(s) to help us grow our “”AAA”” team to the next level. While technology plays a huge part in our business, we strongly believe that people remain our No1 success driver. As such, we are building recruiting in-house early on in our journey, we are committed to hiring the very best people in a sales-driven industry and we will not compromise on the quality of any of our team members.
If you want to work with exceptional people, hire link-minded individuals, own recruiting from A to Z and build a recruiting machine aimed to be as great as the ones of McKinsey & Company, Google or Singapore Armed Forces’ Commandos Unit, then we’d love to meet you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own: own the entire recruiting process and competitive hiring goals assigned to you, from JD to onboarding: review business’ needs, create job descriptions, identify key required attributes, create standardised assessments rubrics, train interviewers, source candidates, review resumes, conduct screenings, coordinate interviews, assess candidates, make offers, close candidates and coordinate onboardings
- Promote & Develop: promote Propseller and be a brand ambassador in order to build a brand that attracts the very best candidates. Pitch and handle objections in a convincing and diplomatic way. Develop and execute creative recruiting efforts and events including informational sessions, and other activities that promote Propseller
- Source & Foster: source proactively candidates through both inbound and outbound channels including cold-calling, Linkedin outreach, employee referrals, networking, internal databases, and innovative research tactics
- Assess: assess yourself and build the tools and knowledge that helps your colleagues assess candidates against business requirements and Propseller values
- Deliver: deliver to each and every candidate an amazing candidate experience, where you communicate professionally and are immediately responsive
- Learn & Improve: learn how to recruit better by measuring and interpreting the key metrics of our recruitment pipeline. Derive proposed improvements then improve the tools, process and knowledge that will make Propseller become a world-class recruiting machine
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree
- 4+ years full-cycle recruiting experience for junior and/or mid-level roles, including meaningful experience recruiting for sales positions, with either a leading recruiting firm or as part of an in-house recruiting function
- Nice to have (not required): real estate experience and/or knowledge
- Language: Fluent English with perfect excellent oral and written communication
- Strong ability to engage active and passive candidates
- Drive to maintain 20+ calls/screenings per day
- High level of interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Multitasking, structured, autonomous, self-starter, tech-savvy
- Location: must be already physically based in Singapore
- Central, iconic office near Lavender, Bendemeer, and Farrer Park MRTs
- State-of-the-art-tools: MacBook Pro and Jabra Headset
- At least two days home-office per week after training, more possible
- Opportunity to make history and help thousands of people with the biggest financial decision of a lifetime
Potential Career Paths
Senior Recruiters are Propseller’s next generation of People Business Partners, People Project Managers, Performance & Compensation Managers, Inside Sales Consultants, or Business Development Executives.
Ideal length: 1 week
If your application is selected:
- Interview 1 – Video Call: Introductory call
- Case to be prepared at home
- Interview 2 – Physical: Case presentation
- Interview 3 – Physical: Meet with our CEO
- Welcome aboard!
$5,000 to $7,000 / month On-Target-Earnings + Stock-Options