Published on: July 2021
- Role: Real Estate Consultant / Team: Real Estate
- Status: Full-Time / Start Date: ASAP
- Location: 380 Jalan Besar, Singapore 209000, SG (Lavender Area)
- Compensation: zero expenses + base salary + sign-on bonus + uncapped commissions + transportation allowance + CPF contributions + stock options.
Propseller is the “Modern Real Estate Agency that Stands by You”. Our mission is to help our clients achieve the most when making one of the biggest financial decisions of their life: selling, buying, or renting real estate. We do that by offering them the state-of-the-art real estate agent service of the 21st century: highly valuable, completely transparent, and fairly priced. A service that will, hopefully, make them love real estate agents (again).
At Propseller, we are building the first technology-powered real estate brokerage in South-East Asia. We elevate the most human part of the service with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialize all the rest with technology and centralized operations. By rethinking the way properties are transacted, keeping what works, and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less. In Singapore, where we currently operate, that means we sell homes 2 times faster for only 1% commission (vs. 2% standard), saving people S$10,000 per transaction on average.
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on Earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, INSEAD, ESSEC, St Gallen, etc.), and founded/were early employees in top startups (Shopback, Zalora, Groupon, etc.)
In June 2020, Propseller was one of the 8 SEA startups selected to be part of the first cohort of the accelerator Iterative. In July 2020, Propseller was ranked #15 in TechInAsia’s ranking of Top 50 rising startups in Southeast Asia. In October 2020, Propseller announced a S$1.7m Seed Round from top VCs such as Target Global, Sequoia Capital, Hustle Fund and high-profile angel investors from Lazada, Google, Expedia, Sotheby’s, PropNex, PropertyGuru, and DotProperty. The fundraising was covered by The Business Times.
As of July 2021, we are a team of 30 people. To support our growth, we are hiring another 20 people as-soon-as-possible. We are multi-cultural and we collectively speak a total of 9 different languages. We enjoy having fun while working hard in a diverse environment. We are assembling an A-team and are hiring the best for every role.
Interested in knowing more? Check our Careers Page.
We are looking for our next batch (8 hires) of Real Estate Consultants to help accelerate our growth and scale the company to greater heights.
As a Propseller Real Estate Consultant you’ll be a modern PropTech agent with a salary, uncapped commissions, benefits, and an exciting career path. You’ll be assigned to a territory and work under the close supervision of an area sales manager. Instead of spending time hunting and prospecting for new client leads, you will be provided with a steady stream of qualified leads. Instead of relying on traditional inefficient practices, you will be provided with our state-of-the-art custom technological tools and you’ll be trained to operate at your highest efficiency. Instead of spending time on administrative matters, you’ll be supported by Propseller Central Operation Team handling listings, enquiries, and viewing coordination, etc. Your focus and bandwidth will be spent on doing what you’ll do best and like the most: delighting clients and closing fantastic deals with them.
On average, Propseller’s Real Estate Consultants have been multiplying their production (i.e. $ amount of commission charged) by 3.5x upon joining Propseller. They close each on average 5 transactions per month, 3 sales and 2 rentals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent sellers, buyers, landlords, and tenants in real estate transactions
- Stay up-to-date with market trends, regulations, and news
- Develop expertise regarding real estate practices, standards, financing options, investment returns, and locations
- Estimate property values through skilled competitive market analysis
- Conduct presentations and obtain agency agreements
- Assist clients from initial contact to closing
- Run open houses and virtual/physical viewings; obtain and negotiate offers
- Ensure deals reach smooth completions and that client is overly satisfied
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Represent Propseller with top-level professionalism
- Drive revenue growth by exceeding targets
- Singapore RES license
- Diploma, degree preferred
- 2+ years of real estate experience with a proven track record of success (or equivalent experience in another client-facing role)
- Customer-advocate mindset and a commitment to delivering the best client experience possible
- Ambitious, you are looking for excellence and have a growth mindset
- Impeccable written and verbal English communication skills + command of one other language
- High work ethic, trustworthy and reliable
- Strong interpersonal, mediation, and negotiation skills
- You are looking for more than another job, you want to be part of something bigger than yourself and be part of the PropTech revolution
- Compensation: On-Target-Earnings (i.e. base + commission payout take-home, net of expenses): $60k to $120k
- $1,500 to $2,500 base salary for Consultants
- $1,000 transportation allowance
- One time Sign-on Bonus: $4,500
- Uncapped commissions
- CPF contributions
- Stock options
- Zero expenses: MacBook Pro, phone, licensing fees, marketing fees – all are paid by the company
- Central, iconic office near Lavender, Bendemeer, and Farrer Park MRTs
- Holistic and dynamic 1-month training provided (Sales, Real Estate, Tech Tools). Be ready to learn a lot
- Opportunity to make history and help thousands of people with the biggest financial decision of a lifetime
- Real Estate Consultants are Propseller’s next generation of Senior Real Estate Consultants and Area Sales Managers.
Ideal length: 2 weeks
If your application is selected:
- Interview 1 – Video Call: Introductory call (30 min)
- Case to be prepared at home (Written questions + presentation)
- Interview 2 – Physical Meeting: Case presentation and 1-1 interview (60 min)
- Interview 3 – Physical Meeting: Panel interview (90 min)
- Welcome aboard!