Published on: August 2021
- Role: Sales Manager / Team: Outside Sales
- Status: Full-Time / Start Date: ASAP
- Location: 380 Jalan Besar, Singapore 209000, SG (Lavender Area)
- Compensation: $7,000 to $9,000 / month On-Target-Earnings (i.e. base + unlimited quarterly bonus) + stock options.
Propseller is the “Modern Real Estate Agency that Stands by You”. Our mission is to help our clients achieve the most when making one of the biggest financial decisions of their life: selling, buying, or renting real estate. We do that by offering them the state of the art real estate agent service of the 21st century: highly valuable, completely transparent, and fairly priced. A service that will, hopefully, make them love real estate agents (again).
At Propseller, we are building the first technology-powered real estate brokerage in South-East Asia. We elevate the most human part of the service with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialise all the rest with technology and centralised operations. By rethinking the way properties are transacted, keeping what works, and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less. In Singapore, where we currently operate, that means we sell homes 2 times faster for only 1% commission (vs. 2% standard), saving people S$10,000 per transaction on average.
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on Earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, INSEAD, ESSEC, St Gallen, etc.), and founded/were early employees in top startups (Shopback, Zalora, Groupon, etc.)
In June 2020, Propseller was one of the 8 SEA startups selected to be part of the first cohort of the accelerator Iterative. In July 2020, Propseller was ranked #15 in TechInAsia’s ranking of Top 50 rising startups in Southeast Asia. In October 2020, Propseller announced a S$1.7m Seed Round from top VCs such as Target Global, Sequoia Capital, Hustle Fund and high-profile angel investors from Lazada, Google, Expedia, Sotheby’s, PropNex, PropertyGuru, and DotProperty. The fundraising was covered by The Business Times. As of August 2021, we are a team of more than 30 people. To support our growth, we are hiring another 20 people as-soon-as-possible. We are multi-cultural and we collectively speak a total of 9 different languages. We enjoy having fun while working hard in a diverse environment. We are assembling an A-team and are hiring the best for every role.
Interested in knowing more? Check our Careers Page.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, target-oriented Sales Manager to help accelerate our growth.
As Sales Manager, you will be responsible to manage, hire and develop a team of up to 12 top-performing Real Estate Consultants. You will lead them to meet or exceed their monthly targets while delivering exceptional client service.
Our Real Estate Consultants are at the heart of our business. Supported by state-of-the-art technological tools, they give top-rated service to our clients, while closing 10x more transactions than the average property agent in Singapore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver peak performance: Develop, mentor, and coach Real Estate Consultants throughout the sales funnel with the goal of always meeting or exceeding your team’s core targets: Gross Revenue, Agency Agreements, and Service Quality.
- Hire & train a world-class team: Source, interview, train, and retain top-producing Real Estate Consultants to enable Propseller to serve an ever-growing number of clients.
- Develop & coach: Coach Real Estate Consultants through regular 1-on-1 sessions and on-the-job shadowing to sharpen their skills, and help them manage and grow their deal pipelines effectively.
- Leverage data: Monitor key performance metrics on all steps of the sales funnel and take action on this data, while constantly expanding and refining best practices.
- Deliver exceptional service quality: Troubleshoot client issues, gather client feedback, and ensure service delivery fulfills our Purpose of “Making people love real estate agents.”
- Relay market knowledge: Monitor the state of the property market and your competitor’s performance, structure and share this knowledge with your team and the business.
- Build a top team culture living up to Propseller’s values and keep team members engaged and motivated.
You are a highly driven, ambitious leader with a stellar track record managing a 4+ person team in a fast-paced organization. You are as comfortable coaching team members as you are using data to improve your team’s performance. You are not afraid of taking full ownership of a team of top producers. You want to be a pioneer in a company reinventing how real estate is transacted to the benefit of consumers.
- Bachelor/Master degree from a leading university.
- 5+ years experience in a sales, business development, or operations role in fast-paced organizations or start-ups.
- Proven experience leading a high-performance team.
- Passionate about achieving sales goals and able to inspire others to join you.
- Outstanding leadership skills, with an ability to work with and use data.
- Multitasking, structured, autonomous, self-starter, tech-savvy.
- Fluent English with perfect excellent oral and written communication.
- Real Estate experience or knowledge is a plus, but not mandatory.
- All training provided (Real Estate, Sales, CRMs). Be ready to learn a lot.
- Central, iconic office near Lavender, Bendemeer and Farrer Park MRTs.
- Opportunity to make history and help thousands of people on the biggest financial decision of a lifetime.
Ideal length: 2 weeks
If your application is selected:
- Interview 1 – Video Call: Introductory call
- Case to be prepared at home
- Interview 2 – Video Call: Case presentation with our CCO
- Interview 3 – Physical: Meet with our CEO
- Welcome aboard!
Compensation: $7,000 to $9,000 / month On-Target-Earnings (i.e. base + unlimited quarterly bonus) + stock options.