- Role: Venture Developer, right-hand of the CEO
- Status: Internship / Start Date: January 2020
- Salary: SGD 1,800 – 2,000.
- Location: 1 Kallang Junction, Singapore 339263, SG
- Published on: November 2019.
Launched in 2018, Propseller is Singapore’s No1 tech-powered real estate agency. We offer the most reliable way to successfully and efficiently sell, buy or rent a property. We are creating the modern property agent service: transparent, efficient and reasonably priced, charging sellers only 1% vs. the 2% standard in Singapore. For doing so, we elevate the most human part of the service, with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialize all the rest, with technology and centralized operations. By rethinking the way property is sold, keeping what works and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less.
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, INSEAD, ESSEC, St Gallen, Mines, etc.), and founded/were early employees of top companies (Groupon, Sephora, etc.).
Propseller raised S$1m in 2018 from top-notch Angels (Delivery Hero COO, Sotheby’s Realty CEO, Zopim CTO, etc.). As of August 2019, the team is made of 8 people based in Singapore + 500 partner Agents and we are growing quickly. We are multi-cultural and speak a total of 8 different languages.
Reporting directly to the CEO, as part of the founding team you will join the company in one of the most exciting times. This role is a unique opportunity for a first-class would-be-entrepreneur looking for lots of responsibilities and immersive experience. You are going to have very diverse duties and responsibilities:
- Analysis: conduct market and business analysis and prepare presentations and pitches
- Project Management: design new process, implement and improve them
- Hiring: prepare job descriptions and source outstanding candidates
- Online marketing: set-up and optimize new acquisition channels
- Product: own an entire part of the product and build it, on your own or with development resources.
Our previous interns came from French Mines ParisTech, Ponts ParisTech, St Gallen University, Solvay Business School and worked previously at Bain & Company, Porsche and other startups. They spent their time on Hiring (5%), Sales (5%), Market research (10%), Growth Hacking (10%), Streamlining accounting operations (5%), Search engine marketing – managing a 6 digits budget (65%).
- Student in final year of studies in Business or Engineering at a leading university/school who has demonstrated outstanding achievements in academia and beyond
- Previous internship at a tier-one management consulting firm, investment bank or start-up
- Excellent analytical skills and a hands-on mentality
- Good communication skills in English
- Passion for startups, beautiful digital products, and amazing digital experiences
- Achiever: you want to change the world and you find pleasure in achieving change, not in dreaming it
- Quick Learner: it’s ok to not know everything but you are able to figure out what you miss and learn it quickly
- Perfectionist Do-er: you like to execute by yourself the projects your work on, you are not afraid to do operational tasks and have the ability to deliver quickly and efficiently without mistakes
- Empathy: have a great ability to understand and embrace people’s differences and act accordingly
- Proficient in MS Office / Google Docs, especially with Excel / Sheets
- Nice to have: experience with CMS (WordPress, Magento, Joomla, etc.), product management or software development. Knowledge of SEO, Photoshop, Social Media, Google Analytics, AdWords and Growth Hacking.
- Beautiful open space office in an iconic co-working space near Lavender, Bendemeer and Farrer Park MRTs
- All training provided including a 2 weeks onboarding program to get you started. Be ready to learn a lot
- Learn day-to-day management and build up deep functional expertise
- Own and build some of the components of an organization made to last
- Face and tackle the challenges of setting up business models from scratch
- Team of exceptional people to learn from
- Opportunity to make history
- As part of the team, tickets for our team building events (next one is in Bali).