Published on: September 2021
- Role: Inside Sales Consultant (i.e. Sales Development Representative) / Team: Real Estate
- Status: Full-Time / Start Date: ASAP
- Location: 380 Jalan Besar, Singapore 209000, SG (Lavender Area)
Propseller is the “Modern Real Estate Agency that Stands by You”. Our mission is to help our clients achieve the most when making one of the biggest financial decisions of their life: selling, buying, or renting real estate. We do that by offering them the state of the art real estate agent service of the 21st century: highly valuable, completely transparent, and fairly priced. A service that will, hopefully, make them love real estate agents (again).
At Propseller, we are building the first technology-powered real estate brokerage in South-East Asia. We elevate the most human part of the service with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialise all the rest with technology and centralised operations. By rethinking the way properties are transacted, keeping what works, and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less. In Singapore, where we currently operate, that means we sell homes 2 times faster for only 1% commission (vs. 2% standard), saving people S$10,000 per transaction on average.
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on Earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, INSEAD, ESSEC, St Gallen, etc.), and founded/were early employees in top startups (Shopback, Zalora, Groupon, etc.)
In June 2020, Propseller was one of the 8 SEA startups selected to be part of the first cohort of the accelerator Iterative. In July 2020, Propseller was ranked #15 in TechInAsia’s ranking of Top 50 rising startups in Southeast Asia. In October 2020, Propseller announced a S$1.7m Seed Round from top VCs such as Target Global, Sequoia Capital, Hustle Fund and high-profile angel investors from Lazada, Google, Expedia, Sotheby’s, PropNex, PropertyGuru, and DotProperty. The fundraising was covered by The Business Times. As of September 2021, we are a team of 30+ people. To support our growth, we are hiring another 20 people as-soon-as-possible. We are multi-cultural and we collectively speak a total of 9 different languages. We enjoy having fun while working hard in a diverse environment. We are assembling an A-team and are hiring the best for every role.
Interested in knowing more? Check our Careers Page.
We are looking for a self-starter, and highly ambitious hustler to accelerate our growth and bring in more property owners and seekers to the top of the funnel. As an Inside Sales Consultant, you are responsible for managing the pre-sales consultative selling process from initial contact with clients to introduction to one of Propseller’s in-house Real Estate Consultants (i.e. property agents). You are responsible to handle inbound leads coming directly to our website (80%) while also generating some outbound leads by yourself (20%). You will consult and advise clients about their sale/lease (one of the most important financial decisions of a lifetime), assist them in matching them with their perfect Real Estate Consultant and follow up with both the clients and consultants until the transaction is closed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the pre-sales process via various channels: calls, emails, chat, etc
- Introduce Propseller’s services and value proposition in a pitch to potential clients
- Provide thorough advice about the property market, regulations, and transaction’s steps (you’ll get intensive training)
- Convert Marketing Qualified Leads who have contacted us after visiting our website, or other channels into Sales Qualified Leads who will meet one of our Real Estate Consultants
- Make 40+ calls daily, both warm and cold
- Lead demand generation initiatives from ideation to execution
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Represent Propseller with top-level professionalism
- Drive Propseller revenue growth by over-achieving KPIs and milestones
- Propose, launch and deliver commercial and operational projects
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree + at least 1-year experience in sales, support, customer service, hospitality, or real estate OR
- Polytechnic diploma + at least 3 years experience in sales, support, customer service, hospitality, or real estate
- Language: Fluent English
- Residency status: Singaporean or Singapore PR (is required to pass RES license)
- Exceptional poise and presence on the phone
- The drive to maintain 40+ calls per day
- Multitasking, structured, autonomous, self-starter, tech-savvy
- Flexibility to contribute to our effort to be open 7/7, 9 to 9
- Nice to Have (not required): Real Estate experience/license & car/motorbike license.
- Central, iconic office near Lavender, Bendemeer, and Farrer Park MRTs
- All training provided (Sales, Real Estate, CRMs). Be ready to learn a lot
- State-of-the-art-tools: MacBook Pro, Jabra Headset, fully-integrated CRM, etc
- At least two days home-office per week after training, more possible
- Opportunity to make history and help thousands of people with the biggest financial decision of a lifetime
- Inside Sales Consultants are Propseller’s next generation of Inside Sales Team Leaders and Real Estate Consultants.
Ideal length: 2 weeks
If your application is selected:
- Three questions to be answered via email
- Interview 1 – Video Call: Introductory call
- Case to be prepared at home
- Interview 2 – Physical: Case presentation
- Interview 3 – Physical: Meet with our CEO
- Welcome aboard!
Salary: SGD 3,500 to SGD 4,500 On-Target-Earnings (i.e. base + unlimited bonus) + stock options.