- Role: CTO / VP Engineering / Engineering Manager / Team: Management
- Status: Full-Time / Start Date: ASAP
- Location: 380 Jalan Besar, Singapore 209000, SG (Lavender Area)
- Published on: October 2021
Propseller is the “Modern Real Estate Agency that Stands by You”. Our mission is to help our clients achieve the most when making one of the biggest financial decisions of their life: selling, buying, or renting real estate. We do that by offering them the state of the art real estate agent service of the 21st century: highly valuable, completely transparent, and fairly priced. A service that will, hopefully, make them love real estate agents (again).
At Propseller, we are building the first technology-powered real estate brokerage in South-East Asia. We elevate the most human part of the service with top agents you can trust. Then, we industrialise all the rest with technology and centralised operations. By rethinking the way properties are transacted, keeping what works, and changing what doesn’t, we are able to deliver more while charging less. In Singapore, where we currently operate, that means we sell homes 2 times faster for only 1% commission (vs. 2% standard), saving people S$10,000 per transaction on average.
Are you looking for the “next big thing”? Real Estate is the largest asset class on Earth and we are on a mission to make it better. Do you enjoy learning and growing every day in a dynamic start-up environment? We have assembled a highly driven “AAA” team of real estate, growth, and technology professionals. Our current team members studied at top universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, INSEAD, ESSEC, St Gallen, etc.), and founded/were early employees in top startups (Shopback, Zalora, Groupon, etc.)
In June 2020, Propseller was one of the 8 SEA startups selected to be part of the first cohort of the accelerator Iterative. In July 2020, Propseller was ranked #15 in TechInAsia’s ranking of Top 50 rising startups in Southeast Asia. In October 2020, Propseller announced a S$1.7m Seed Round from top VCs such as Target Global, Sequoia Capital, Hustle Fund and high-profile angel investors from Lazada, Google, Expedia, Sotheby’s, PropNex, PropertyGuru, and DotProperty. The fundraising was covered by The Business Times. As of January 2021, we are a team of 22 people. To support our growth, we are hiring another 15 people as-soon-as-possible. We are multi-cultural and we collectively speak a total of 9 different languages. We enjoy having fun while working hard in a diverse environment. We are assembling an A-team and are hiring the best for every role.
Interested in knowing more? Check our Careers Page.
This position is intended to build, manage and grow the software engineering teams at Propseller, owning end to end systems and services and being a bar raiser in terms of operational excellence. You’ll join to launch the first product built entirely in-house and set-up the team from scratch.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related fields at a leading university/school
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ years of people management/coaching experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures; relational and non-relational databases
- Early-stage startup experience or clear ability to operate with extreme agility and high ambiguity is important
- Ability to own product development cycle, from initial MVP to managing an Engineering team with a product aimed to scale to market
- Very strong business acumen and are therefore driven to deliver an optimal user experience.
- Central, iconic office near Lavender, Bendemeer and Farrer Park MRTs
- Opportunity to make history and help thousands of people on the biggest financial decision of a lifetime
- If you are a foreigner, we will sponsor your Employment Pass application
Base salary + stock options.